Furniture Occupations at North Lancs Training Group (NLTG)
What is Furniture Occupations?
The furniture, furnishings and interiors industry offers a vast range of career opportunities for those with an eye for detail and a creative mind.
You may work in the design, making and finishing of furniture; the restoration of new or antique furniture; or the creation of upholstery and soft furnishings for a range of traditional or modern items.
Depending upon your chosen career, you could work in settings such as independent shops, large factories, offices or homes.
What training will I receive?
You’ll receive real-life training from experienced staff within your workplace, and be visited regularly by a specialist NLTG Tutor. Your Tutor will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship, making sure you develop the skills needed for your job role. As part of your Apprenticeship, you will need to complete a Maths and/or English qualification at Level 1 (ie Grade D/3) if you do not already have these qualifications. Depending on your Apprenticeship, you may also need to study an ICT qualification. Your NLTG Tutor will provide you with support and guidance.
If you are unsure that an Apprenticeship is right for you then why not have a look at our 'Why choose an Apprenticeship?' page. If you feel you are not yet ready for an Apprenticeship, then why not have a look at a Traineeship first?
You will have to take a Skills Scan to ensure your current level of maths and English is at the required level.
• All vacancies are jobs from day one
• Your training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• You will receive an attractive wage/salary during training
• We have a dedicated team to support you with your English and maths skills
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
• All employers are appraised for health and safety
• We will visit you regularly during your training
• Your training will be full and varied
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.