Beauty Therapy Diploma Level 2 at Gloucestershire College
This course is aimed at those wishing to pursue a career as a beauty therapist in this exciting and ever advancing industry. To become a fully qualified Beauty Therapist, it is essential that you continue your studies at Level 3, the following year.
Students will study theory and practical applications of the following:
- Health and safety
- Facial skincare, massage and mask therapy.
- Manicure and pedicure techniques
- Eye treatments
- Client care and customer service
- Anatomy and Physiology
Alongside these vocational subjects students will be expected to undertake:
- Industry related work placement externally and at Graduations at No9
- Maths and English
- Character Development
- Independent study where Students will undertake independent learning to enhance their understanding of the vocationally related theory
- Charity, community and voluntary events often related to Hair and Beauty which may be in addition to your timetabled hours
- Seminars, workshops with industry employers and suppliers
- Trips and visits
- In house, regional and national competition work
You will need 3 GCSE’S A* to D including English Language or to have successfully achieved a relevant Level 1 qualification at Merit and achieved a Functional Skills in English at Level 2.
Entry to the course is subject to a satisfactory reference and a successful interview.
Applicants will need to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, commitment and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Continual assessment throughout the course
- Oral questioning
- Written assignments and projects
- Online tests
- Practical assessments which are undertaken on paying clients
- A Portfolio of Evidence
All students are expected to purchase a uniform and full kit, two weeks before the course starts. There are supplementary costs for material, books, course trips and visits. Financial assistance may be available. Please enquire at Student Services.
Students who want to become a fully qualified Beauty Therapist will need to progress on to a Level 3 qualification in one of several pathways.
Gloucestershire College offers the complete pathway in Beauty Therapy; Level 3 Beauty Therapy (General), Level 3 Diploma in Body and Spa Therapy; Level 3 Make-up Artistry and Level 3 in Holistic Therapies (19+ only).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.