Painting and Decorating Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This is a one year course and is designed to give students a higher qualification in painting and decorating and in a specialised area within the trade it will provide the knowledge, skills and understanding of the level. Wallpapering is an essential element within the work place.
1. Level 3 Diploma in Painting & Decorating
- - Knowledge of Information, quantities and communicating with others
- - Knowledge of Building methods and construction technology
- - Application of paint systems by brush and roller
- - Apply papers to wall and ceilings
- - Know how to produce specialist decorative finishes
- - Know how to carry out specialist architectural feature work
- - Know how to apply water-borne paint systems using air-less equipment
- - Know how to prepare surfaces for decoration
2. Level 3 NVQ in Painting & Decorating
- Confirm work activities and resources for the work
- - Develop and maintain good working relationships
- - Confirm the occupational method of work
- - Apply paint systems by brush and roller
- - Hang wall covering to complex surface
Plus 1 of the Following Optional Units:
- - Hang wide-width vinyls
- - Apply coatings by air spray method
- - Produce replica quality grained and marble finishes
- - Apply metal leaf to surfaces
- - Produce comb textured finishes
3. Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 2)
Completion of Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Painting and Decorating and GCSE’s or equivalent at A* - C
This course is continually assessed through written and practical assignments and tests. NVQ work is assessed through documented evidence gathered from workplace activities.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.