Geography A Level at Kingswood Secondary Academy
Geography is your window to the world. If the wider world and
interactions between people and places interest you, then
geography A level is for you.
AS Geography is divided into 2 units
– Each assessed by a 1.5 hour exam.
– F761 Managing Human Environments 50%.
– F762 Managing Physical Environments 50%.
– Human: managing urban change, managing rural
environments and tourism.
– Physical: Costal environments, cold environments, hot and
At A2 you will study
– F763 Global issues a 2.5 hour exam.
– F764 Geographical skills a 1.5 hour exam.
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including C grade or above in English and B grade or above in geography.
– AS Geography is divided into two units.
Each unit is assessed with a 1 ½ hour examination.
– A2 Geography – You will study 2 further units – one is a
2.30 hour exam and the other – 1.30 hour exam.
Geography can support you in many careers and the skills of a
geographer are highly desirable. Geography will allow you to
access the widest possible higher education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingswood Secondary Academy directly.
Last updated date: 09 July 2015