Mathematics AS/A Level at Helsby High School
Why should I choose Maths?
- Maths is the most popular A Level in the UK and Further Maths is growing every year.
- In 2014 34% of AS Mathematicians at Helsby High School gained grade A, 57% A—B and 83% A—D.
- 75% of AS Level Further Mathematicians gained grades A,100% A-D
- 46% of A Level Mathematicians at Helsby High School gained A*- A, 75% A*- B and 88% A*-C
- 100% of A Level Further Mathematicians gained grades A*-A
We currently have three A level Maths classes and one A Level Further Maths class running in each year group. In Year 12 Maths AS Level consists of three modules; two core modules (C1 and C2) and one Statistics module (S1). AS Further Maths in Year 12 consists of four modules; D1, M1, FP1 and M2. Three of these modules, one of which has to be FP1 comprise AS Further Maths. In Year 13 A Level Maths consists of two more core modules (C3 and C4) and one extra applied module. A Level Further Mathematicians take FP2, DE and M3.
In order to be able to take AS Maths we would expect students to obtain at least grade B at GCSE Maths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Helsby High School directly.