Art and Design A Level at The Green School
The main element of the course is the Personal Investigation which requires you to produce a portfolio of practical and written work based on personal starting points.
The Externally Set Assignment (ESA) requires you to produce preparatory studies and personal outcomes based on a theme set by Edexcel.
You will develop:
- Practical skills in 2D & 3D including painting, mixed media, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, textiles, photography, Photoshop, filming and editing
- Observational skills through recording in different media and by attending life drawing sessions.
- Analytical skills by taking part in visits to galleries and museums.
- Independent research skills by following personal themes and communicating these ideas.
Grade B in GCSE Art.
A-level Art & Design, two-year linear course. Examining board: EDEXCEL.
- Unit 1 Personal Investigation This component 60% of your A level.
- Unit 2 Externally Set Assignment (ESA) This component is 40% of your A level.
- You will have 15 hours to produce your personal outcome or outcomes.
Through this course you will develop transferable skills, such as problem solving, communication and critical thinking skills, which will prepare you for further study or the world of work, regardless of the subject or career you wish to pursue.
If you want to pursue a career in the creative industries, your next step is likely to be a Foundation Degree course followed by an undergraduate degree in fields as varied as Product Design, Fine Art, Fashion, Design or History of Art.
You may wish to go into a job where it is useful to have some experience of art i.e. a career in advertising, marketing, design, architecture, publishing and the media, theatre, museums and gallery work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Green School directly.