Creative Media Production BTEC Level 2 Diploma at SEEVIC College
This course will provide you with an introduction to both the creative and technical aspects of creative media production. It will also encourage personal development enabling you to acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress to further education and employment within the creative industries.
To be successful on this course you will need to have an interest in the theoretical, practical, creative and technical aspects of digital media. During the course you will gain a broad understanding of the following:
- Moving Image
- Audio Production
- Games Design
- Graphic Design
- Research, Planning and Pitching.
- Understanding an audience in creative media production
- Contextual research for creative media production
- Exploring audio production and technology
- Exploring visual production and technology
- Exploring interactive media production and technology
Core Final Project:
- Personal project and presentation in creative media production
General Entry Requirements
- At least two GCSEs at grade D or above or having successfully completed a Foundation Learning course in a related area and achieved Level 1 in English for Functional Skills. You will also need to commit to an additional 10 hours of study per week.
Specific Entry Requirements
- D or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
You will study a range of units, including: games development, video and audio production, graphic design and how the creative media industry operates. The course has both practical and written elements. The majority of units are assessed through internally set assignments, though the personal project which enables students to combine all the elements they have learnt into one final piece of work, will be externally assessed.
- Computer and internet access is strongly recommended
- USB stick.
- Progression onto the Level 3 Creative Media Development course at Seevic College
- Work in areas such as VFX, games and web development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact SEEVIC College directly.