Travel and Tourism - level 3 Extended Diploma at Buxton & Leek College
- During this varied course you'll develop the skills needed to become a travel professional.
- We have great facilities, including an on site airline cabin for training.
- You can take extra qualifications for airline cabin crew and resort representatives, to boost your employability.
- You'll have the chance to go on several visits including a European visit and a work placement within the travel and tourism industry.
Tell me about the course in general
This qualification is equivalent to three A levels. You will study 18 units over two years.
You'll study these units:
- Investigate the Travel and Tourism Sector
- The UK as a Destination
- Customer Service
- The Business of Travel and Tourism.
And you'll study a range of specialist units, including:
- Retail Travel Operations
- Business Travel Operations
- Marketing Travel and Tourism Products and Services
- Investigating the Cruise Industry
- Long Haul Travel Destinations
- Working as a Holiday Representative
- Tour Operations
- Preparation for Employment
- UK Visitor Attractions
- European Holiday Destinations
- Handling Air Passengers
- Events, Conferences and Exhibitions
- Responsible Tourism
- Hospitality Operation in Travel and Tourism.
During your first year you can take the Northern Council for Further Education (NCFE) Certificate for Airline Cabin Crew and during your second year you can take the NCFE Certificate for Resort Representatives.
You'll need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades A*-C, including English
- a Level 2 qualification at Merit or above.
You'll be assessed on your coursework as there are no exams. You'll complete a variety of assignments during the year.
You could start a career in the travel and tourism sector as a holiday rep, a member of airline cabin crew, at an airport or visitor attraction or in retail or business travel. Alternatively, you may want to go on to study Tourism Management at the University of Derby, Buxton campus.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buxton & Leek College directly.