Health & Social Care BTEC Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma at NewVIc
This Health and Social Care course provides a practical, real-world approach to learning and developing specific knowledge and skills that learners need to work successfully in the care industry.
The course will focus on:
- healthy living
- effective communication
- equality and diversity in Health and Social Care
- services in Health and Social Care
- the Early Years sector
On the course you will:
- gain experience through a work placement of working with a range of service users from babies, toddlers, through to adults with specific needs and the elderly
- develop positive communication skills to support people with a diverse range of needs
- develop project/self-management and independent learning skills by investigating opportunities for employment in the industry, as well as exploring provision of services in the sector
Successful completion of a broad GCSE or equivalent programme, including a 9-4 grade in English Language or Mathematics and A*-D in another relevant subject, plus a good school reference.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways including:
- producing posters and leaflets
- taking part in role plays and professional discussions
- witness statements
- external assessments
You will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) form confirming that you have no criminal convictions that prevent you from working with children or vulnerable adults. It will be administered by the college at the start of the course. The cost is £20 (non-refundable).
Students on a Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma will also be studying towards Maths and/or English Level 2 qualifications if they have a grade 4 or below at GCSE. Students with Grade 5 and above in both Maths and English will undertake the Higher Project Qualification alongside their vocational qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.