Work-based Agriculture Advanced Apprenticeship at Derby College
You will be provided with a broad range of skills required to work competently within the agriculture industry in supervisory or management roles. Practical skills will be mostly practised and developed in the workplace while theoretical background knowledge will be taught and reviewed mainly at College.
- Level 3 Diploma in Work-Based Agriculture
- Independent assessment of a knowledge-based qualification for each pathway
- Application of Number Level 2 and Communication Level 2
- Additional Employer Requirements: Emergency First Aid and one other legislative or nationally recognised occupational qualification relevant to the industry
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
You must be in employment and be committed to a career in the agriculture industry. Entry qualifications are flexible and can include:
- A relevant Level 2 qualification in Agriculture
- Practical experience in the industry
- A minimum of three GCSEs at grade C or above, preferably including English Language, Maths and a Science
You will undergo an initial assessment before starting the programme to ensure that you are capable of achieving the outcomes and have an interest in this area of work.
Training is largely work-based with on-going practical assessments undertaken in your workplace. You will keep a portfolio of evidence of your practical ability and theoretical understanding and your progress will be regularly reviewed and assessed.
You will need safety boots, overalls, waterproofs and writing materials.
There are no course fees for applicants aged 16-18. For apprentices over the age of 19, an employer contribution is required.
You can continue to more senior roles in the agriculture industry.
You can also progress to higher education and undertake foundation degrees in subjects such as Agriculture, Agriculture with Countryside, Agriculture with Conservation, Animal Science or Agriculture with Business Studies.
You could also consider a Level 4 course in Agriculture Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.