ESOL Bridging (16-18) at Oldham College
This course is for students who wish to pursue a vocational programme at college, employment or other progression routes but who do not yet have sufficient English language skills to do so.
You will develop skills in speaking, understanding grammar, reading and writing English. You will learn about life in the UK and citizenship. You will also develop your skills in maths and ICT.
Further skills you will develop:
- Personal and social skills
- Employability skills
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Communication skills
Curriculum topics may include:
- Travel and Transport
- House and Home
- Food and shopping
- Healthy living
- Rights and responsibilities
- Sports, leisure and free-time
No formal entry requirements
- Continual assessment through tutor observations
- Peer and self-assessment
- Spelling and grammar tests
- Group work
- Written assignments
- Speaking and listening role plays
- Formal reading and writing assessments
You will be able to progress into a variety of vocational areas.
All students at Oldham College will participate in a personalised study programme that will maximise your potential and enable you to progress onto employment, apprenticeships or higher education.
This means you will:
- Study a core qualification in a vocational discipline and continue to develop your English and Maths skills through functional skills, GCSE resits and the option of AS/Level 3 qualifications
- Participate in meaningful work experience
- Enjoy a range of enrichment opportunities e.g. basketball, archery, skiing and sign language
- Take part in dedicated tutorial sessions to review your progress and development
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.