Painting and Decorating Diploma Level 1 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Carry out safe working practices
- Information, quantities and communication
- Building methods and construction technology
- Erect and dismantle access equipment
- Prepare surfaces for decorating
- Apply paint by brush and roller
- Apply foundation and plain papers
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
Take your first step towards a career as a painter and decorator in the construction industry with this very practical qualification.
This one year programme will provide you with excellent skills and the confidence to carry out safe working practices in painting and decorating. It covers topics related to painting, decorating and general building and will give learners a basic level of understanding of the skills needed to work in the industry.
Construction Diplomas are nationally recognized craft qualifications and are accepted in the construction industry. Craft qualifications are in units, which can be studied in any sequence. These qualifications are required for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
This is a one year course which can be studied full-time or part-time.
To access this course you are required to have:
- A minimum Entry Level 3 in literacy and numeracy and a commitment to the course
- Adult learners with recent site experience of working as an operative will also be considered as a part time evening students
- An initial assessment and interview
- A strong interest in their chosen programme of study
- A commitment to work towards improving English and maths as part of the programme
Your progress will be continually assessed and you will be provided with detailed feedback in order to help you to develop your skills. Your progress will be evaluated through a combination of practical assessments, job related multiple choice assessments at the end of each unit and external tests that are on-line computer based examinations. To gain the diploma you must be successful in achieving all units and passing the synoptic practical test.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to progress on to the Diploma Level 2 in Painting and Decorating.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.