Spa Therapy VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma at Bath College
This course is a follow-on from Complementary Therapies Level 3 or Beauty Therapy Level 3 and provides a higher level of skills necessary for employment in specialist spas, salons and therapy centres. The course will give you excellent training in many specialist and desirable therapies. We are fortunate to have strong links with local five-star spas such as The Thermae Spa, The Gainsborough Hotel and Babington House. You will have the opportunity to apply for work experience with the possibility of securing employment.
During this course you will learn how to:
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Provide body massage treatments
- Monitor clients and the operation of sauna, steam and hydrotherapy treatments
- Provide body wrapping and flotation treatments
- Provide Indian head massage
- Provide stone therapy
- Provide pre-blend massage
- NVQ or VRQ Level 3 in Beauty Therapy or Level 3 qualification in Complementary Therapies
- GCSE grade C in English Language and GCSE grade D in Maths
- Excellent communication skills, a high standard of personal presentation, a mature caring attitude and a professional customer focussed approach
- Interview during which you will be expected to take part in a practical skills test
Units are internally and externally assessed. Continuous practical assessment is used to teach and develop vocational competence. On completion of each unit you will be required to sit an externally set theory exam.
- Find employment in the prolific growing industry of spas, health hydros, cruise liners, leisure clubs and complementary therapy clinics
- Progress to Spa Management Level 4 if you intend to run a spa or a salon.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.