Commercial Radio Level 3 at Gateshead College
We’ve partnered with one of the largest radio stations in the North East, Metro Radio, to offer an exciting and innovative course in commercial radio.
This programme will offer an opportunity to learn all aspects of radio broadcasting.
You’ll spend part of your study time with the professional team at Metro Radio, getting a unique, behind the scenes insight into how they work. Immersing yourself in the team, you’ll have the opportunity to understand how a successful station operates and what it takes to be a part of this fast-paced industry. You’ll also get the opportunity to work as part of the Metro Radio team, working on real projects for the station, some of which may be paid work.
- How to create engaging content for radio
- Programming and programme design
- Presenting and interviewing
- Recording and editing dynamic audio
- Marketing and promotions
- Internet broadcasting.
- We’re looking for individuals who are excellent communicators and bubbling with enthusiasm.
- You need to be a confident team player, able to think on your feet, spot opportunities, multi task and think creatively.
- A keen interest in media and in tackling new challenges is also a must, along with a familiar knowledge of social networking and communications.
You be assessed on your portfolio of practical work. We'll test your understanding too, using a range of methods, including written and/or oral questioning.
Career opportunities are vast and varied. Radio is not just about the presenters, a whole team of people are required from station directors, marketers, sound engineers, promotional staff, sponsorship and sales reps, programmers and producers. Radio is also the perfect platform from which to progress a career in the wider media industry.
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.