Sport Studies BTEC Level 3 at Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy
Students study a range of units over the 2 years. The curriculum looks at Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport, Sport Nutrition, Practical Team and Individual Sports. Also an emphasis is on Sports Coaching and issues around leading a successful sports session and events.
To gain entry onto the course students will need to achieve 5 GCSES including English and Maths.
Students will be assessed through coursework throughout the 2 years which accounts for 100% of the qualification. There is no external examination at present.
Students who study Sport will gain knowledge of the sports industry to seek employment.
Students will also be able to continue to study at university in a sports related topics such as:
- BA (Hons) in Sports Development and Management
- BSc (Hons) in Sports Management
- BSc (Hons) Sports Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Leisure Management
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science (Outdoor Activities)
- BSc (Hons) in Exercise, Health and Fitness
- BSc (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Psychology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy directly.