Religious Studies: Philosophy and Ethics at The Chase School
* Philosophy and Ethics is a subject that seriously challenges the way you think, and therefore transforms the person you are. It dares you to face the big questions in life:
* Is there a God? Is there life after death? Can supernatural events really happen? How do you know right from wrong? Is your conscience always correct? Should there be controls on science? Is war ever acceptable? Where is personal and social happiness to be found?
* You will read some of the writings of the greatest minds that have ever influenced mankind. You will not only read the works of modern philosophers but have the opportunity to meet them at university seminars around the country. Of course, you will have the chance to challenge their views there and throughout the course.
* You will have the opportunity to discuss the burning moral issues of the day and to judge popular opinions in the light of various theories.
* Philosophy and Ethics is highly respected as a subject because it develops the skill of rational, independent thought. It makes an ideal partner to most higher education courses.
You do not necessarily need a religious faith for the course or to have studied the subject at GCSE. You need only be brave enough to ask fundamental questions and mature enough to live with the answers.
Recommended GCSE Grades Religious Studies B and English B.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Chase School directly.