Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 at North Notts College (NNC)
About this Course
This course has been designed as a one year, full-time course that follows on from the Foundation Diploma to provide for learners who want to pursue a career in engineering, and who want to be able to collaborate across and apply knowledge, skills and understanding in other branches of engineering.
This qualification has a focus on a broad range of engineering specialist areas including electrical and electronic, mechanical, and manufacturing.
What will I study?
- Draw individual components
- Produce 3D images of the components
- Create assembly using the 3D images
- Convert the components in to production & assembly drawings
- All the above will be used as evidence for two assignments which make up the qualification.
What are the entry requirements?
- Engineering Foundation Diploma Level 3
- Reference from previous school/college
- A willingness to explore new ideas, and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively
- A willingness to work hard
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above (including maths, English and a science/engineering/technical subject) or equivalent
- You will be required to successfully complete an interview with a course tutor where you must be able to demonstrate a strong willingness and commitment to this programme of study
How will I be assessed?
- External examinations
- Internally assessed assignments
- Internally assessed examinations
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance24+ Learners
An Advanced Learning Loan is available for this course for learners who are either aged 24 or over or aged 19 to 23 and already hold a full level 3 qualification. Contact the Enquiries Team on 01909 504500 for more information and clarification of eligibility.
What can I progress to?
- Higher/Degree Apprenticeship in Engineering (in development
- HNC/HND in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
- HNC/HND General Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
Why study here?
- This is a fully recognised qualification within the engineering industry
- Our College has a proven track record within this field and the staff are industry trained experts
- You will use a range of modern technology to support your studies including the latest CNC and CAD/CAM equipment
- You will gain employability skills
- You will take part in work experience in local industry
- You will take part in visits to Engineering Industry linked events
- You will work with guest speakers from the Engineering sector
- You will receive support with your UCAS application including interview preparation and personal statement writing
- You will be building credits towards the Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering if you choose to take this path
All Personal Protective Equipment will be provided, however students must purchase scientific calculators independently.
The Extended Diploma (combined with the Foundation Diploma) qualification is equivalent to 3 A levels and accrues UCAS points to support HE progression.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.