Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Level 2 Diploma (QCF) at Eastleigh College
This programme is designed to increase the knowledge and skills of individuals who are interested in the maintenance of motorcycles and who want to learn more about the various roles that are available in the retail motor industry.
Through theory and practical lessons, you will develop the essential knowledge and skills requires by the motorcycle industry. This will include:
- Health, safety and good housekeeping
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices
- Routine motorcycle maintenance
- Motorcycle internal engine systems
- Motorcycle fuel, ignition, air and exhaust system units and components
- Removing and replacing motorcycle chassis units and components
- Removing and replacing motorcycle electrical units and components
- Motorcycle preparation and inspection
Tutors will arrange trips to industry based events, such as the Motorsport Show.
The study programme is 16 hours per week for 36 weeks and students will be expected to complete an additional two hours minimum of self-study each week. The timetable is usually over two and a half consecutive days.
- You will require 4 GCSEs at grade A*-D including English or Maths and Level 1 Motorcycle Maintenance, as well as a genuine interest in gaining experience of working in the retail automotive industry.
- You will be required to undertake BKSB assessment in Maths and English, and attend a College interview.
You will be assessed through a combination of:
- Workshop based competence tasks and questioning
- Written assessments
- External online testing
- Functional Skills assessments in Maths and English
- E-portfolio of evidence to show your competence and understanding of the qualification and skills.
You will need to provide suitable overalls and safety boots which must always be worn during all workshop activities, as well as a folder for your learning materials and pens as you will be expected to keep a record of your learning.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you may continue your studies by undertaking Level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, an Apprenticeship or you may choose to go into employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.