Business Studies A Level at St Cuthbert Mayne School
The course is a linear course that has 3 exams at the end of Year 2. All students will over the topics listed below over the 2 years
1. What is business?
2. Managers, leadership and decision making
3. Decision making to improve marketing performance
4. Decision making to improve operational performance
5. Decision making to improve financial performance
6. Decision making to improve human resource performance
7. Analysing the strategic position of a business (A-level only)
8. Choosing strategic direction (A-level only)
9. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies (A-level only)
10. Managing strategic change (A-level only)
5 A* - C Grades, including Grade 9 – 4 English and Mathematics
EXAMS (all written – no coursework element)
A Level (33.3% per exam):
Business 1 - 2 hours, Multiple choice, short answer and 2 extended essays
Business 2 - 2 hours, 3 Data response questions
Business 3 - 2 hours, 1 case study and 6 questions
Accountancy, Law, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Media, Economics and Politics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Cuthbert Mayne School directly.