ICT A Level at The King's School, Grantham
A broad-based ICT course that further develops students ICT skills across a number of practical projects. Topics include website and multimedia design through to project planning and software analysis.
- Website Design
- Multimedia Design
- Project Planning
- Improvements to modules - Coursework preparation
The school’s Published Admissions Number (PAN) is 30. This is the maximum number of places which will be available in Year 12 for candidates who have attended schools other than The King’s School in Year 11. The criteria for admission to the Sixth Form will be:
- 6 GCSE passes in different subjects at Grade B or better (to include Maths and English), with Grade B or better in at least 3 subjects to be studied at A Level;
- A viable programme of study of either 3 or more GCE AS Level subjects (excluding General Studies) or an Advanced Diploma plus one GCE AS Level subject.
If there are more applicants than places, places will be offered on the basis of overall GCSE performance calculated on a points system where A* = 58 points, A = 52 points, B = 46 points, C = 40 points, D = 34 points, E = 28 points, F = 22 points, G = 16 points, subject to the following:
- an applicant must meet the standards outlined in bullet point 1 above.
- priority will be given to candidates in the *care of the local authority.
In the event of a tie for the final place the following criterion will apply; distance from **home to school measured in a straight line by Microsoft MapPoint software between the post office address point of the home and the post office address point of the school.
If there are more applicants than places available in a particular AS Level subject, places in that subject will be allocated according to the following criteria in the order shown:
- GCSE grade in that subject (where applicable);
- Overall GCSE score (in terms of average points per subject entry).
- Folder Assessment
ICT students go to University to study courses such as Computer Science, Game Authoring, Web Design, Multimedia, Audio Engineering and Business/IT management.
- a school wide network of modern computers with wireless networking across most of the site;
- we have several fully equipped ICT rooms with 30 computers in each, all running the latest professional Microsoft and Adobe software;
- a sixth-form study centre containing 50+ computers;
- departments with their own fully-equipped ICT rooms;
- students have their own secure logon, email account, (monitored), internet access and file storage area;
- for multi-media work students have access to digital cameras, video cameras, desktop scanners and related equipment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The King's School, Grantham directly.