Animal Care (Progression Pathway) BTEC Extended Certificate at Great Yarmouth College
You will gain theoretical and practical experience of caring for animals in a variety of settings: e.g. the classroom, your work placement and on exciting trips and visits. You will also continue your English and Maths GCSE to achieve the C grades required for level 3
- Success rates well above national average with exceptional high grade achievement
- Excellent links with local employers leading to work placements
- Highly qualified, specialist teaching staff
- Unit specific trips to zoos, sanctuaries, UEA and more
- Great progression routes to level 3, apprenticeships and higher education
Five GCSEs at Grade D or above including English, maths and a science or have completed the BTEC Diploma in Land-based Studies course
Assessed by assignments which are graded. GCSE qualifications are assessed through coursework and formal examinations. You will also complete a 90 hour work
placement with the animal care
sector in the last term.
You can progress to the BTEC 90 Credit Diploma in Animal Management course, an apprenticeship or employment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Great Yarmouth College directly.