Engineering NVQ - Level 2 Apprenticeship at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Your pathway of study depends on whether you are pursuing a career in electrical/electronic engineering or mechanical engineering.
During your apprenticeship you could cover skills such as panel building, lathe, milling, grinding and CAD CAM to name a few.
As part of your apprenticeship you will be required to complete the following:
- NVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations
- BTEC National Award in Engineering
- Key skills at level 1 in communication
- Key skills at level 1 in application of number
- Key skills at level 1 in ICT
- Working with Others Level 2
- Improving Own Learning and Performance Level 2
- Employer Roles and Responsibilities
You must be aged between 16 and 24 and employed within an engineering company.
You will need a good educational background, preferably GCSE grade C or above in science, English and maths.
Good communication skills are essential.
Much of the study is done ‘on the job’ and you will be assessed on a regular basis in your place of work throughout the length of the course.
Underpinning knowledge and practical support is given one day a week in The Engine at Sovereign Way.
At the end of this programme you will gain the confidence and skills that enable you to be a well skilled engineer in roles such as:
- Milling and lathing operator
- Precision engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Technical services engineer
- Electronic/electrical engineer
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.