Safe Moving and Handling (Loads) at Acacia Training
To equip participants to undertake a range of manual handling activities safely, minimising risk to themselves and others.Who Should Apply:
All staff who undertake load handling. The course is for staff new to role and as an update. Annual update training required.
By the end of the curse participants will:
- Understand the basic anatomy of the spine and back care
- Understand the responsibilities of employee and employer in relation to Manual Handling Legislation
- Understand the basic principles of safe manaul handling
- Identify appropriate manual handling techniques for transferring loads
- Understand the importance of correct load assessment and will have participated in practical exercises and practised a range of manaul handling manoeuvres
- Understand legislation - employees and employers responsibility
- Understand the Principles of Safe Load Assessment and Practice
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.