Business GCSE at Bradford College
You will learn about the exciting world of business, from understanding about how business starts and is managed to the main functions of marketing, finance, people and operations. On completion of this course you may go on to study A levels or other Level 3 vocational subjects.
You will learn about business in the real world, what makes a great entrepreneur and what new opportunities in the market are out there that companies are taking advantage of.
You will undertake three Modules, two of which are exam based and the third one being a controlled assessment.
Unit 1 Setting up a Business (one hour - 60 marks 40%)
Unit 2 Growing as a Business (one hour - 60 Marks 35%)
Unit 3 Investigating Business (controlled assessment - 25%).
GCSE English/English Literature at a minimum of Grade D. If you do not have these qualifications, you will be considered for the course if you reach the required standard on our initial English assessment.
Two, one-hour examinations using the AQA exam board and one controlled assessment.
- If you ever wish to start a business you will know how
- When operating a business you will know the main considerations
- You will know what support is available from various sources to help maintain a business
- You will gain an understanding the main areas of the subject that allows for career considerations
- You will have a much stronger knowledge and enjoyment of the subject.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bradford College directly.