Health and Social Care Level 3 at Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited
The Health and Social Care Apprenticeship Diploma at level 3 is for those working in a Health or Social Care setting. It is designed for all workers who support adults of any age, in any setting. No formal entry requirements are required, but you must have the potential and opportunity to gain evidence for the level 3 qualification in the workplace. You will need to undertake an initial assessment/interview to check your suitability.
There are 9 core units:
· Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
· The role of the health and social care worker
· Promote person centred approaches in health and social care
· Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
· Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings.
You also choose optional units that suit your career plans. Units you might choose include:
· Understand the role of communication and interactions with individuals who have dementia
· Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
· Enable rights and choices of individuals with dementia whilst minimising risks.
Assessment will take place by regular observation in the workplace. Additional assessment will be through portfolio building of assignments, case studies, observation and work based activities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited directly.