Hairdressing Apprenticeship Level 3 at Montebello Training LTD
A more advanced course based on the national occupational standards for hairdressing, this level 3 qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as a hairstylist.
Mandatory and optional units are combined to achieve the required number of credits. Topics covered are as follows:
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Provide client consultation services
Plus a choice from the following to achieve the required number of credits:
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Provide a variety of relaxing services
- Hair colour correction services
- Provide creative hair extension services
- Create a variety of permed effects
- Develop, enhance and evaluate creative hairdressing skills
- Provide specialist hair and scalp treatments
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of promotional activities
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Cut men’s hairstyles
Throughout this qualification, students will build their knowledge and understanding of the relevant anatomy, physiology and health and safety. Students will also develop their communication, customer service and commercial skills all of which are highly valued by employers. Problem solving and research skills will also be improved.
Students who achieve this hairdressing qualification are eligible to become a State Registered Graduate Hairdresser with the Hair Council. As a hairstylist, students could progress directly into employment in a variety of contexts which include:
- Commercial hairdressing salon
- Television, film, theatre and media
- Armed Services
- HM Prison Services
- Cruise Liners
- Hospitals/ Care Homes
Students could also continue to study to become a Hairdressing Master Craftsmen or gain a Hairdressing Licentiateship of the City and Guilds.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Montebello Training LTD directly.