Spanish A Level at Varndean College
Spanish is spoken by 470 million people worldwide and it is growing in popularity all the time. If you enjoy being able to communicate in another language and if you are interested in the culture and society of the Spanish speaking world, then we have a course for you.
Theme 1: The evolution of Spanish society
- Changes in family structures
- The world of work
- The impact of tourism on Spain
Theme 2: The political and artistic cultures in Spanish-Speaking countries
- Festivals and Traditions
Theme 3: Immigration and Spanish multicultural society
- The positive impact of immigration on Spanish Society
- Challenges of immigration and integration in Spain
- Public and social reaction towards immigration in Spain
Theme 4: The Franco years and the transition towards democracy
- The Spanish Civil war (1936-1939)
- The dictatorship of Franco
- The transition from dictatorship to democracy
Standard advanced course requirements plus grade B in Spanish at GCSE.
Greater fluency in the language can lead to further study at degree level or as part of a
degree, and create exciting opportunities for employment in the future.
Other modern languages can be studied at degree level if you prove your competence
in any language at Advanced level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Varndean College directly.