Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 2 at Southampton City College
This career-led course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to be a skilled painter and decorator. You will learn, develop and practise the skills required for working in painting and decorating.
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller
- Applying foundation and plain papers
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Applying and creating colour
- GCSE grades A*-D (including English and maths), or relevant equivalent qualifications
- Practical qualifications may also be considered as an alternative entry depending on grade achieved
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating
- NVQs or other relevant Level 3 courses
- Employment with painting and decorating companies (private and public sector)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.