French - A Level at Dinnington High School
Studying French at A Level will enable you to build on the knowledge and skills you developed at GCSE level, communicate confidently and use the language in a wide range of contexts. The course offers an insight into another culture and allows you to reflect on aspects of contemporary society. Studying A Level French will help to facilitate foreign travel and enhance your future employment prospects, since good foreign language skills are in short supply and can be used in many different jobs. The course will also provide you with a sound basis for further study.
The A Level course covers:
• Aspects of French-speaking society: current trends
• Artistic culture in the French-speaking world
• Aspects of French-speaking society: current issues
• Aspects of political life in the French-speaking world
• The study of two books / a book and a film • Grammar
• An Individual Research Project on a topic of personal interest Each of the four topic areas is presented via sub-topics which include a variety of texts, recordings and visual material with new vocabulary and grammar points.
You will have access to an online component which provides additional material and support, as well as a range of interactive activities and printable resources which you can use at home or in class and a range of examination-style questions.
You will have a weekly lesson with the Foreign Language Assistant in order to improve your confidence and fluency in the language.
4/5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, plus a GCSE Grade B or above (or equivalent) in French.
Examples include Teaching, Business, Finance, Interpreters, Management and Law.
Enrichment Opportunities Assist in MFL classes. There is also the opportunity to become an MFL ambassador at Open Evenings and Options Fairs. Visits: Foreign visits run regularly.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.