Physics A level at Tupton Hall School
What will I Study?
Year 1 ‘AS Units’
- Unit 1 – Particles, quantum phenomena and electricity - (June exam).
- Unit 2 – Mechanics, materials and waves – (Jan exam).
- Unit 3 – Investigative and practical skills – (On going assessment).
Year 2 ‘A2 Units’
- Unit 4 – Fields and further mechanics - (Jan exam).
- Unit 5 – Nuclear and thermal physics. Astrophysics or Applied Physics – (June exam).
- Unit 6 - Investigative and practical skills – (On going assessment).
A student intending to take an AS or A level course will require at least a grade B at GCSE Physics or additional science, a grade C or above at Core Science.
AS and A2 level Physics are essential requirements for many careers and higher education courses in engineering, science and medicine.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tupton Hall School directly.