Accessibility links

Children's Holiday Representative or Play worker Level 2 at Blackburn College

Course description

Working as a Children’s Holiday Representative can be an exciting and challenging career both in the UK and abroad.

As a Children’s Rep you will create stimulating and safe activity programmes for children of all ages – anything from parties and sports days through to themed activities.

You will build a rapport with the children’s families, you’ll be imaginative, overflowing with energy and a trusted member of a team to ensure happy and safe holidays for the Children in your care.

You may be thinking about working in an after school club, holiday club or soft play area that encourage children and young people to challenge themselves through play  - this course will help you to be ready to work in these areas.

Course content

This a one year full time study programme where you will study:

  • A-Level 2 Award in Resort Reps.
  • A-Level 2 or Level 3 Diploma in Playwork 
  • A-Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
  • English and Maths*

*If you have not achieved a Grade D or above in your Maths and English language GCSEs you will be required to work towards a GCSE Grade C as part of your Study Programme.


Throughout the year links will be made with holiday companies to help you gain employment when successfully completing the course.

You will gain experience of working with children in a variety of settings which will fulfil the criteria required to apply to be a Children’s Holiday Rep or playworker.

Entry requirements

To study this course you must possess the following: 

  • A-Level 2 Childcare Qualification
  • 4 GCSE’s D or above, including one in English and one in Maths
  • A DBS check at interview
  • An enthusiastic positive personality with a desire for a rewarding  career.

Future opportunities

On completion of the course you can apply to be a Children’s Holiday Rep, both at home and abroad. You could also work as a Nanny or au pair in this Country or abroad, work as a pre school assistant, activity leader or children’s activities assistant.


You may also wish to continue your studies at College if you achieve grade C in English and Maths.  

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackburn College directly.

Last updated date: 11 February 2016
Provider logo

Key information