Sport & Physical Education A Level at Smithdon High School
Our AS and A level Physical Educat ion qualif icat ions allow students to play to their strengths and gain dynamic theoretical and practical skills for furt her education or work. AS and A-level specifications in physical education should equip students with both a depth and breadth of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to scientific, socio-cult ural and practical aspects of physical education. This will require them to:
- Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance.
- Understand how physiological and psychological stat es affect performance
- Underst and the key socio cultural factors that influence people's involvement in physical activity and sport .
- Underst and the role of technology in physical activity and sport .
- Refine their ability to perform effectively in physical activity and sport by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas.
- Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance.
- Underst and the contribution which physical activity makes to health and fitness.
- Improve as eff ective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with curious and enquiring minds.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Smithdon High School directly.