Princes Trust Level 1 Certificate in Personal Development & Team Skills at Cromwell Community College
Some pupils, particularly those who are designated as Foundation Learners, will be guided towards this course. This is an alternative course aimed at including students who struggle to engage with general school life. At the end of the two year course you can achieve a
- Level 1 Award in Personal Development and Teamwork and/or a
- Level 1 Certificate in Personal Development and Teamwork.
Students study a variety of topics throughout the two years.These may include modules entitled,
- Developing Own Interpersonal Skills,
- Developing Group and Teamwork Communication Skills,
- Demonstrating Speaking and Listening Skills,
- Preparation for Work,
- Using Teamwork Skills,
- Developing a Personal Learning Programme,
- Undertaking an Enterprise Project,
- Using Cooking Skills in a Domestic Kitchen.
This course is designed to be flexible, although there is a lot of work involved with it.Previous groups have created cultural murals, designed and created a wildlife pond, held topical debates, organized events to raise money and attended town council meetings to ensure the voice of Chatteris youth is heard!
This is an evidence-based course and there is therefore no exam required.Tests will be given throughout the programme of study however to check progress.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.