Professional Cookery - Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Easton & Otley College
The training programme develops comprehensive skills and knowledge to a high level suitable for a professional kitchen. The course is made up of a series of practical and theory based units depending on where you work. Delivery is through teaching, support and assessment directly in the workplace.Suitable For: Those who are working in a professional kitchen environment
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Prepare, cook and finish complex dishes using a range ingredients and methods
- Supervising Kitchen Operations
- Produce Healthier Dishes
- Manage the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Manage food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 3 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed in a professional kitchen for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices have the opportunity to progress within their employment to further their experience and knowledge. Apprentices could also progress onto further study at level 3 and above by undertaking Higher Management Training at the College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.