Music & Music Technology: BTEC Level 3 at Leek High School
BTEC music and music technology offer a natural progression from GCSE Music. However, whilst a good pass at GCSE Music is a clear advantage, BTEC Music at Leek High School is open to any student who has the desire to learn and possesses the following qualities.
• A passion for music and performance
• Performance skills as an instrumentalist or vocalist
• A willingness to be involved in a range of performance opportunities
• A sound knowledge of music theory which will be built upon during the course
• An understanding of composing techniques and the impact of ICT in Music
Both music and music technology courses naturally have large areas which are common to both courses, and each year we respond to the cohort in question.
Leek High School is able to offer 4 different levels of course;
• 3 units, equivalent to 1 AS level (completed over one year)
• 6 units, equivalent to 1 A level (completed over 2 years)
• 9 units, equivalent to 1.5 A levels (completed over 2 years)
• 12 units, equivalent to 2 A levels (completed over 2 years)
The units studied are varied and incorporate performance, composition, studying the music industry, and recording.
Trips to see shows and learn more about the music industry are also offered throughout the year.
BTEC music and music technology are both practical, hands on courses which are fun, informative and the perfect preparation for life working with music.
As part of the course you will be assessed for your performances at events organised and run by your BTEC group.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Leek High School directly.