Game and Wildlife Management Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Easton & Otley College
This programme combines sound understanding with technical skills, building on the game keeping experience and knowledge already gained in industry. The objectives of the course are to develop the practical and supervisory skills & related background knowledge that's required in the management of an estate.
This course is suitable for those who want to enhance their skills and knowledge and have taken on more responsibilty for the organisation and allocation of work.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 3 Diploma in Work Based Game & Wildlife Management
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- First Aid & 1 other additional employment related qualification
- Promote and monitor health and safety
- Habitat & Estate Management
- Game Management
- Public Relations
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 3 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment
Block attendance at regular intervals over one year, supported with assessment in the workplace.
Apprentices successfully completing the Advanced Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto a Foundation Degree in Ecology and Conservation or other Higher Education or Management Training courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.