Computing at East Leake Academy
This course covers current technologies and perceived advances in both hardware and software to enable candidates to meet the demands of a highly skilled, IT focused business and industrial sector. The specification also provides a firm basis for further studies in higher education in Computing and related subject areas.
The aims of these specifi cations are to encourage candidates to develop:
* The capacity to think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically;
* An understanding of the organisation of computer systems, including software, hardware, data, communications and people;
* The ability to apply skills, knowledge and understanding of computing, including programming, in a range of contexts to solve problems;
* Skills in project and time management;
* The capacity to see relationships between different aspects of the subject, and perceive their fi eld of study in a broader perspective;
* An understanding of the consequences of using computers, including social, legal, ethical and other issues;
* An awareness of emerging technologies and an appreciation of their potential impact on society.
5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Leake Academy directly.