Accountancy (AAT) Advanced Apprenticeship at Shipley College
You continue to develop your knowledge and skills with topics including preparation of final accounts for the sole trader and partnership, costing and revenue statements, professional ethics, indirect tax and spreadsheets.
You could progress straight in to job roles such as a Trainee Accounting Technician or Assistant Accountant or on to further study in a subject related to accounting, banking, insurance, or other financial services.
- First of all you need to find an apprenticeship vacancy in your chosen area.
- You will have an interview.
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*- C (9-4) including grade C (5-4) in English and maths.
- Completion of an Accounting (AAT) intermediate apprenticeship or minimum of one year’s relevant industry experience in the same area of work as you wish to study.
- or A minimum of 1 year working in an accounting role within an accounting environment.
- You must pass an initial assessment in English & maths.
After completing the advanced apprenticeship, you can progress on to further study at college or use the skills you have developed and the experience you have gained at work to progress further in your job role/career.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shipley College directly.