Floor Covering Apprenticeship Level 2 at Accrington and Rossendale College
The learners will be in employment four days per week building a portfolio for NVQ Level 2 and will attend College one day a week and block release to study towards:
- Level 2 Diploma in Floor Covering
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in English and Maths.
To achieve Level 2 in Floor Covering the learner must complete eight units in total.
- Conform to efficient work practices
- Conform to general workplace safety
- Move and handle resources
- Install impervious floor coverings
- Install textile floor coverings
- Set out for using floor coverings.
GCSE Grade D in Maths and English are preferred but not a requirement to be considered for the course.
A portfolio containing evidence for Level 2 performance criteria will be required. Assessments onsite & timely reviews will be carried out by qualified trade specific floor covering assessors.
This course is free of charge for 16 – 18 year olds.
This course will cost a maximum of £1,295 for learners aged 19 years old or above. This fee may be reduced or void depending on the individual’s circumstances.
Completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship may enable you to progress onto Professional Construction courses up to Higher National Qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Accrington and Rossendale College directly.