Level Diploma in Women’sHairdressing(Full Time) at The Joseph Rowntree School
This vocational related qualification is available to students who would like to study full time Hair. This course provides students with knowledge and practical skills used within hairdressing services.
Examples of selected unit areas of study consist of:
* Follow health and safety practice in the salon
* Working in the hair industry
* Cut women's hair
* Colour and lighten hair
* The Art of Dressing Hair
* Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
* Client consultation for hair services
* Display stock to promote sales in a salon
* Salon reception duties
* Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
Grades - 4 GCSE’s Grade D
It is desirable that students have a flair for art, fashion and the desire and creativity to express fashion trends in hair and beauty skills. Students must be able to demonstrate good communication and interactive skills and enjoy being in a vibrant learning and working environment.
You must be keen to work hard and demonstrate a professional attitude at all times. You must have a good level of biology knowledge.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Joseph Rowntree School directly.