Bookkeeping AAT Level 1 Award at Milton Keynes College
The Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping is the introductory level of AAT Bookkeeping. It provides the foundation in manual bookkeeping skills, providing essential skills in single-entry bookkeeping. The qualification consists of four units, with two assessments and offers progression opportunities to further levels of study in bookkeeping, accountancy or computerised accountancy
You will learn how to understand and complete financial documents such as invoices and credit notes, record cash and credit transactions in books of original entry, prepare bank reconciliations, use a petty cash imprest system, and produce trial balances.
- Developing an understanding of accounting terminology
- Check and process documents involved in financial record keeping
- Develop skills to carry out routine book-keeping processes
- Develop underpinning knowledge of book-keeping principles
- Prepare statements as a preliminary to financial control
No formal qualifications are necessary, although you should have good numeracy and communication skills at Entry Level 3 or equivalent.
There will be assessments within this course
After successful completion of this course, you can progress to the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.