Music - AS/A2 Level at The Parker E-act Academy
To apply for this course online you need to go to the Daventry Learning Partnership page.
Music is the most universal of all the Arts. Music is something to be treasured and surrounds us every day. It is a powerful and unique form of communication and can change the way we feel, think and act. The study of music increases self-discipline, creativity, aesthetic sensitivity and personal fulfilment.
In the AS units you will learn about:
* Performing and Performance Techniques
* Introduction to Historical Study.
* Five GCSEs at Grades A*- C (or equivalent) which should include GCSE Music
* AS and A2 candidates are required to read standard musical notation
* Performance standards for AS is roughly equivalent to Grade 6/7 and Grade 7/8 for A2.
* Performing is assessed by an external examiner in a live recital (close to Easter) to demonstrate your performing skill in both AS and A2 units
* Composition work is assessed internally and sent for external moderation
* There will be a 1 hour AS listening and analysis examination in the term 6 which is marked externally.
Employment, Higher Education or further study for a Professional Qualification.
AS Level (first year) LFTALEVEL FDAS
A Level (second year only - use this code if you have already completed your AS Level and would like direct entry into the second year) LFTALEVEL FDA2
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Parker E-act Academy directly.