Plumbing Level 1 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
You will study plumbing systems within a domestic environment using a range of materials. The course is aimed at those wishing to progress to a career in the plumbing industry.
Maths and English are an integral part of this course. However if you already hold these qualifications at Grade C and above then you will be exempt from these qualifications.
- Unit 101 - Structure of the construction industry
- Unit 102 - Fundamental safe working practices
- Unit 103 - Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Unit 104 - Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Unit 108 - Above ground drainage
- Unit 109 - Copper pipework
- Unit 110 - Plastic pressure pipework
- Unit 111 - Low carbon steel pipework
- Unit 112 - Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Unit 113 - Plumbing science
- GCSE Grade D or above in Maths and English
- Reference or report from previous school or course
- Successful interview
- Initial assessment to help identify appropriate courses for those who do not achieve the required GCSE grades
Methods of Study:
Theoretical as well as practical skills will be taught and developed to suit the needs of the candidate and the requirements of the awarding body
Method of Assessment:
The units are assessed by:
- City and Guilds exams
- practical assessments
WHAT CAREERS CAN I GO ON TO?
You can progress to an apprenticeship framework, City & Guilds 6189, if you have a relevant work placement.WHAT FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES ARE THERE?
You can progress to the City and Guilds 6035 Certificate in Plumbing Level 2 full-time
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.