Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Level 2) at Central College Nottingham
This qualification covers the technical needs for today’s motor vehicle repair industry, including the diagnosis of non-complex system faults. It provides essential knowledge for service technicians working on light vehicles (cars and vans) in all types of garages, dealerships and maintenance depots.
Units studied will enable you to:
- Remove and Replace Chassis Units and Components
- Remove and Replace Electrical Auxiliary Units and Components
- Remove and Replace Engine Units and Components
- Carry Out Routine Vehicle Maintenance
- Contribute to Workplace Housekeeping
- Maintain Positive Workplace Relationships
- Make Sure Your Own Actions Reduce Risks to Health and Safety
- English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 1 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-D
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-D, we may accept one of them at Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
The course assessment is made up of three elements:
- Portfolio of Evidence in Skills
- Knowledge of Practical Tasks
- Online Testing
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 3.
A career as an Automotive Technician.
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
Heavy duty footwear and a set of overalls must be worn which are supplied by the College. A cost may be incurred dependent on your circumstances.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.