Travel & Tourism A Level at Ysgol Dyffryn Aman
The AS and A Level courses are excellent preparation for students who wish to progress to study Tourism Management to degree level or training for management in the Travel and Tourism industry. It provides a pathway for careers in hospitality, catering and tour operations.
Units studied at AS include:
- Introducing Travel and Tourism
- Working with Customers
Units studied at A2 include:
- Tourism Impacts and Tourism Developments
- Event Management in Travel & Tourism
- Current issues in Travel and Tourism
GCSE Point Scores
In advising students as to the most suitable choice of post-16 courses/programmes of study, we use a GCSE 'Point Score' as a benchmark.
The Score is made up from the best six GCSE grades achieved by the student using the following scale:-
A* - 8 points
A - 7 points
B - 6 points
C - 5 points
D - 4 points
E - 3 points
F - 2 points
G - 1 point
This process has been used successfully over a number of years and proved to be an accurate predictor of likely success through the various possible routes of study.
- To study 4 A Level subjects over 2 years – 42 points (minimum) including Maths & English (following consultation)
- To Study 3 A Level subjects over 2 years points – 30 points (minimum) including Maths & English
- To study a green route a point score of 30 points from at least 4 separate subjects
N.B. Although, as stated above, these ‘scores’ are good predictors of likely success upon entry into the Sixth Form, each student is treated as an individual and the post GCSE Interview is a very important process. Parents are welcome to be present at these interviews.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Dyffryn Aman directly.