Applied Science BTEC at Ranelagh School
There are three compulsory units:
• Fundamentals of Science (10 credits)
• Working in Scientific Industry (10 credits)
• Scientific Practical Techniques (10 credits)
The remaining credits are achieved from choosing from optional units which range over diverse areas of applied biology,
chemistry and physics, including:
• Using Science in the Workplace
• Physiology of Human Body Systems
• Biochemistry and Biochemical Techniques
• Microbiological Techniques
• Genetics and Genetic Engineering
The actual optional units will be tailored to the interests of the students involved.
Five GCSEs at grades A*-C, CC in Science
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ranelagh School directly.