Travel and Tourism Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma at Bridgwater College
This qualification in travel and tourism is for anybody that wants to work within a dynamic and vibrant industry with the aim to work for international organisations on a global scale. Travel and tourism has a vast range of opportunities enabling you to work both in the UK and overseas.
The course is a mixture of practical and academic work. This qualification contains units that are relevant to all sectors of the industry, whether you are entering into a career as a travel agent, resort representatives, tour operations, tourism development or events.
You will learn about the various skills associated with working in the travel industry during which you will have the opportunity to organise events, entertainment activities. Prepare welcome meetings and plan your own hospitality ventures. Units of study include:
- Entertainment for Holidaymaker’s
- Overseas Holiday Representative
- Tour Operations
- Hospitality Operations
- Customer Services
- UK as a Destination
- Visitor Attractions
- Business of Travel and Tourism
- Employability skills
- Five GCSEs A*-C range or a relevant level 2 qualification
- Entry is also subject to a successful interview
- Practical assessment, such as running and managing events and entertainment activities, roles plays and presentations
- Written coursework in the form of formal reports, producing information packs
- Progress to higher education in Travel and Tourism Management, Events Management, International Tourism Management and Hospitality Management .
- Gain employment at trainee management level in the travel and tourism industries including tour operations, travel agency, aviation, visitor attractions, cruising, tourist information and many more
- Other related courses or areas of work
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.