Accessibility links

Science Additional GCSE at The Littlehampton Academy

Course description

If you have enjoyed studying Science at GCSE but were unsuccessful in gaining a C grade or you need an improved Science grade so as to progress onto studying a level 3 Science discipline, then this could be the pathway for you.

Course content

You will study the AQA Science Additional specification which includes one unit on Biology, one on Chemistry and one on Physics. These three units make up 75% of your Science GCSE. The remaining 25% of your GCSE comprises of a practical Independent Skills Assessment (ISA).

  • The Biology unit explores cells, tissues and organs, photosynthesis, enzymes, genetics and evolution.
  • The Chemistry unit explores structures, bonding, rates of reaction, salts and electrolysis and chemical calculations.
  • The Physics unit explores motion, forces, work, energy and momentum and electricity and radioactivity.

Entry requirements

D and below in GCSE Science.

Assessment

75% exam and 25% coursework.

Future opportunities

Depending on the grade you achieve in your additional Science GCSE you can either include it in the essential 5 A*-C grades often needed to be accepted onto a level 3 course or college. If you achieve an A*-B grade you will be accepted on to a Biology, Chemistry or Physics A level course.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Littlehampton Academy directly.

Last updated date: 16 September 2016
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Next September

Venues

  • More information
    • TLA is a Christian designated academy and we are proud to be part of the Woodard Academies Trust.  We aim to provide a rich and diverse educational environment that welcomes people of all faiths and none, and where every child is 'known and nurtured'.