Plastering L2 Diploma at North Lindsey College
You will be working towards the Level 2 Diploma in Plastering. You will learn how to fix dry lining and plasterboards, apply plaster to interiors, lay sand and cement screeds and apply plastering materials to external surfaces. You will also learn about the principles of construction and, very importantly, health, safety and welfare in construction.
You will be working towards the Level 2 Diploma in Plastering, comprising of the following
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Fix dry lining and plasterboards to interiors
- Laying sand and cement screeds
- Applying plastering materials to external surfaces
- Health, safety and welfare in Construction
Those students who have already achieved GCSE English and Maths at grades A-C will have the opportunity to develop skills in other trade areas.
- Level 1 Diploma in Plastering
- Consideration will be given to those with a wide range of DIY experience or a Level 2 Diploma in another trade route
You will achieve your qualification by completing graded practical activities and answering question papers throughout the course, producing a portfolio of evidence. These will be marked by the teaching staff who are all registered assessors. You will also be required to pass two externally set and marked multi-choice exams.
Progression could be onto a Level 2 Diploma in another trade area, onto the Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (dependant on GCSE grades), an apprenticeship in plastering or into employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.