Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 Diploma at CSM Training
Learners who work in a Teaching Assistant, Classroom Assistant or Learning Support Assistant role working under the direction of a teacher, contributing to preparing the classroom for learning activities. Working with groups of and individual pupils and who require extra support. Behaviour Support Assistant/Coordinator, or Pastoral/Welfare Support Assistant supporting, motivating and challenging pupils who are underachieving. Bilingual Support Assistant, supporting, motivating and challenging pupils who do not have english as their first language.
Around 20 weeks but the exact timescale will be agreed at the initial planning meeting.
The Mandatory units are:
- Unit 1 Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Unit 2 Develop Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Unit 3 Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 4 Promote Children and Young People's Positive Behaviour
- Unit 5 Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Unit 6 Schools as Organisations
- Unit 7 Support Assessment for Learning
- Unit 8 Support Children and Young People's Health and Safety
- Unit 9 Support Learning Activities
- Unit 10 Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 11 Understand how to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
There are also a number of Optional units that will be chosen at the initial planning meeting.
Example of theses units are:
- Unit 13 Provide Literacy and Numeracy Support
- Unit 20 Provide Bilingual Support for Teaching and Learning
- Unit 39 Assist in the Administration of Medication
- Unit 44 Organise travel for Children and Young People
On completion of this qualification learners will have opportunities to move into other roles across the wider children's workforce e.g. child care, play work or youth work as well as the following qualifications:-
- Foundation degree for teaching assistants or supporting teaching and learning
- Level 4 qualifications in a relevant area
- The Early Years Sector-Endorsed Foundation Degree
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CSM Training directly.